Tyson

Tyson

Gamble

Gamble

Thursday, September 15, 2011

My First Chair Project

I found this chair at a yardsale for $6.  It was a DIY project gone bad.  Fully equipped with gold stickers and hunter green tassels OH MY!!

I prime all my furniture first with white KILZ primer in a spray can.  Next I picked out a basic red from Krylon because their sprayers have a nice dispersion on them and it gives you a little more control. 

I use Ralph Lauren Glaze tinted with Black or whatever color you might want to tint it.  The glaze on the chair really just made the chair detail pop. 

I found this fabric online for $8 I believe for a yard.  Could have been cheaper but I have bought a ton of fabric lately.  I think I have a small addiction :)  Either way I never spend over $10 a yard on fabric as of yet.  This fabric was a canvas indoor/outdoor fabric so very durable!!

No comments:

Post a Comment